An expert in the field of modern transfusion medicine and blood banking, Dr. Naveen Agnihotri has over 12 years of experience in his field. He is the sole person to have received “1st Order Silver Medal” for academic excellence in Transfusion Medicine in India. He also has more than 4 years of teaching experience as per Medical Council of India.
• Post graduate from one of the premier medical institute of India – PGIMER, Chandigarh.
• One of the first M.D. – Transfusion Medicine in India.
• Rich experience of more than 14 years in Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine and more than 11 years as an independent consultant.
• Guest faculty to PGIMER, Chandigarh and AIIMS, Delhi besides other institutions of repute.
• Well versed with legal and statutory requirements for blood bank and transfusion services and a postgraduate diploma holder in Medico Legal Systems from Symbiosis University.
• Diploma in Medical Biostatics from PGIMER, Chandigarh. Experience of legal systems in the states of Punjab & Haryana, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi as relevant to the blood bank licensing and operations.
• First and only recipient of ‘first-order silver medal’ for academic excellence in the field of Transfusion Medicine from H’ble union minister for Health & Family Welfare.
• Trained NABH assessor for Blood Bank and Blood Transfusion Services (accreditation)
• Trained NABH internal assessor for hospital as per latest guidelines – NABH 3rd edition.
• Reviewer of manuscripts in an international journal in Transfusion Medicine.
• Instrumental in establishing four new ‘state-of-the-art’ transfusion centers & blood banks – two being regional Blood Transfusion Center, in India.
• Recipient of Young Scientist Award from Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine – 2013
• Performed 1st Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell harvest in PGIMER (Multiple Myeloma) with cryopreservation of Bone Marrow.
• Star Doctor Award for patient centricity and ownership in patient care by Regional Director, Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
AREA OF INTEREST
• Committed to implementation of best practices in the field of ‘Transfusion Medicine’ in contemporary medical practice.
• Special interest & ability for teaching and training of medical and technical staff and teaching experience of more than 4 years as per MCI requirements.
• Well versed with ISO and NABH requirements for accreditation of blood bank and transfusion services.
• Adept in usage, customization and implementation of IT in blood banking and transfusion services to make it safe, efficient, swift and cost effective.
• Firm belief in propagating evidence based Transfusion Medicine as against conventional ‘laboratory’ oriented blood banking.
• Member (Executive Body) – South Asian Association of Transfusion Medicine.
• Life Member – Indian Society of Blood Transfusion & Immunohematology (ISBTI).
• Life Member – Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine (ISTM).
• Member Review Panel (manuscripts) – Asian J Of Transfusion Sciences (AJTS)
• Ex. Asst. Editor – Asian J of Transfusion Sciences (AJTS)