Prof PB Singh a renowned Urologist and Renal transplant surgeon, distinguished academician and a surgeon par excellence was founder head of the department of urology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University. He established renal transplant programme at Banaras Hindu University. He performed more than 100 renal transplants at Banaras Hindu University and then moved to Delhi as Director Institute of Renal Sciences and Kidney Transplantation at Max Super specialty Hospital to establish renal transplant programme at Max Super specialty Hospitals at Saket as well as Patparganj. He has experience of more than 300 renal transplant.
His other field of interest has been reconstructive urology and uro-oncology particularly carcinoma prostate, bladder carcinoma and reconstruction of ileal neo-bladder and has one of largest individual experience in he country. He has published more than 100 papers in international and national journal with participation in more than 200 conferences as faculty.
He was President Urological Society of India for year 2011-12. For his contribution in field of Urology, he has been awarded prestigious President Gold Medal of Urological Society of India for the year 2009 and ‘Urology Gold Medal’ for year 2012. He has delivered many prestigious orations including Himadadry Sarkar Oration of USI, Marudhar Trust oration of North zone USI, Orissa Trust oration of East Zone USI, PNKataria oration of North Zone USI etc. He has been Member Executive Council, Banaras Hindu University from 2011 to 2014. He has been awarded Life Time Achievement Award of North Zone Chapter of Urological Society Of India at Agra in Oct 2016.
• Founder Head of the Department of Urology, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University. He is credited with establishment of Renal transplant programme at Banaras Hindu University.
• Director Institute of Renal Sciences and Kidney Transplantation at Max Super specialty Hospital and established renal transplant programme at Max Super specialty Hospitals at Saket as well as Patparganj.
• Presently, Chairman Urology and Renal Transplantation, Nayati Medicity, Mathura
• Common Wealth Medical Fellowship –renal Transplant unit Cardiff (UK) 1994-1995
• President North Zone Chapter of Urological Society of India 2000-2001
• President Urological Society of India 2010-2011
• President Gold Medal of Urological Society of India 2009
• Urology Gold Medal Urological Society of India 2012
• Many Orations including highest Himadari Sarkar Oration of Urological Society of India
• Executive Council Member Banaras Hindu University 2010-2013
• Ex. Council Member Urological Association of Asia
AREA OF INTEREST
• Renal Transplantation
• Uro-oncology: pioneer in establishing specialty in India with extensive experience of bladder cancer, prostate cancer and other urological cancers including one of the largest and longest experience of Ileal Neo-bladder
• Reconstructive Urology: Experience of more than 5000 various major reconstruictive procedure including extensive experience of stricture urethra, vesico-vaginal fistulae etc.
• Urological Society of India
• North Zone & East Zone chapters of Urological Society of India
• British Transplant Society
• Member Indian Society of Organ Transplantation