A proactive component of the Patient Safety program includes ongoing measurement and periodic analysis.
Implementation of processes incorporates patient safety principles and following are taken into consideration:
- Patient Rights.
- Patient/Family Education.
- Patient Assessment.
- Continuum of Care.
- Care of the Patients.
- Infection Control.
- Management of the Environment of Care.
Methods to assure improvement of staff competence and support to an interdisciplinary approach to patient care is accomplished by:
- Providing ongoing education, including reporting mechanisms through trainings.
- Evaluating staff knowledge on a regular basis.
The other important aspects emphasized are:
- Leadership Commitment- Our leadership has defined safety as a priority in strategic planning.
- Patient Safety Education – Ongoing patient safety education regarding National patient Safety Goals is imparted to the staff.
- Environmental safety:
- Fire fighting devices such as sprinklers, smoke detectors, extinguishers, etc are installed in the hospital.
- Personal protective equipment are provided to the staff.
- Belts are available in stretchers and wheelchairs.