Dr. H.S. Somanath
Chairman - Cardiology
MD, DM (Cardiology)
With over 35 years of experience in the field of cardiology, Dr H. S. Somanath is an eminent interventional Cardiologist trained from PGI (Postgraduate Institute), Chandigarh and AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi. He is known for his repertoire of interventional skills.
- Most of his experience has been obtained at the Perambur Railway Hospital in Chennai, a Centre of Excellence for Cardiac Sciences and a pioneering centre for cardiac research and treatment in India. It is a recognized centre for specialty training in cardiology, cardiac surgery and cardiac Anesthesia.
- Dr Somanath has been instrumental in setting up several prestigious cardiac centres in Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh.
- Interventional cardiology including peripheral vascular intervention
Accomplishments & Awards
- He has to his credit several publications and has presented papers in several conferences
- Contributed a chapter in a book on Geriatric cardiology
- He has been attending National and International conferences and workshops regularly
- Faculty for various DNB Medicine & DNB Cardiology courses
- Faculty member at the Indo-French Interventional Forum
Cardiological Society of India (CSI)