Sr. Consultant and HOD
M.D. (Transfusion Medicine)
- Post graduate from one of the premier medical institute of India – PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- One of the first M.D. – Transfusion Medicine in India.
- Rich experience of more than 14 years in Blood Banking and Transfusion Medicine and more than 11 years as an independent consultant.
- Guest faculty to PGIMER, Chandigarh and AIIMS, Delhi besides other institutions of repute.
- Well versed with legal and statutory requirements for blood bank and transfusion services and a postgraduate diploma holder in Medico Legal Systems from Symbiosis University.
- Diploma in Medical Biostatics from PGIMER, Chandigarh. Has an experience of legal systems in the states of Punjab & Haryana, Uttarakhand, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Delhi pertaining to blood bank licensing and operations.
Accomplishments & Awards
- First and only recipient of ‘first-order silver medal’ for academic excellence in the field of Transfusion Medicine from H’ble Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare.
- Trained NABH assessor for Blood Bank and Blood Transfusion Services (accreditation)
- Trained NABH internal assessor for hospital as per latest guidelines – NABH 3rd edition.
- Reviewer of manuscripts in an international journal in Transfusion Medicine.
- Instrumental in establishing four new ‘state-of-the-art’ transfusion centers & blood banks – two being regional Blood Transfusion Centers, in India.
- Recipient of Young Scientist Award from Indian Society of Transfusion Medicine – 2013
- Performed 1st Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell harvest in PGIMER (Multiple Myeloma) with cryopreservation of Bone Marrow.
- Star Doctor Award for patient centricity and ownership in patient care by Regional Director, Fortis Healthcare Ltd.
- Published many articles in the national & international medical journals
- 1st & only NABH accredited blood bank in the state of Uttar Pradesh (outside NCR)