Senior Consultant & HOD, Biochemistry & Director, Laboratory Medicine
Dr. Nibhriti Das is a veteran in Biochemistry with PhD in same field. She has worked as faculty at the Department of Biochemistry, AIIMS for 30 years (1984-2014, Professor, since 2003 onwards).
Accomplishments & Awards
- Established the department of laboratory medicine at the Nayati Medicity, Mathura, for providing highly quality assured clinical lab services for patient care pertaining divisions of Biochemistry, Pathology and Microbiology. Research projects are on board.
- Best International world day of immunology campaign award on behalf of Indian Immunology Society in Melbourne, 2016.
- Was the first woman Immunologist from India to be elected as the the IUIS council member for the years 2016-19.
- She is associated with Immunopaedia, an international body for expanding and popularizing Immunology Education.
- Had been resource faculty and guest speaker at several regional and National Conferences.
- Organizing Chairperson at the annual conference of the Indian Immunology Society, Visakhapatnam 2017.
- She has 92 national and international publications, numerous abstracts and has edited a book called “Essentials of Practical Biochemistry”.
- Received Best Teacher award for Clinical Biochemistry at AIIMS.
- Has guided the thesis work of a large number of PG students at AIIMS.
- Reviewer for several indexed journals and, projects from DST and ICMR.
- Lead editor for a special issue on auto immunity for an International online journal.
Areas of Interest
- Providing best quality clinical lab services for patient care
- Establishing new biomarkers and assessment of disease profile in the region. While at AIIMS, focus had been on medical education and research on molecular epidemiology, molecular mechanisms and biomarkers of auto-immune, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders.