Visiting Consultant - Orthopaedics
MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), Ph.D., FAMS (Fellowship of the Academy Medicine) & International Fellowship on National Institute of Health (US)
- Founded Department of Orthopaedics at Banaras Hindu University
- Founded Department of Orthopaedics at University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Established Bone Banking at BHU – Varanasi, UCMS – Delhi & Vimhans Nayati – Delhi
- Editor of Indian Journal of Orthopaedics – 1972 to 1987
- President of Indian Orthopaedics Association in 1984
Achievements & Contributions:
- His Major contributions have been the evolution of “middle – path-regime” for treatment of osteoarticular and spinal tuberculosis, use of “allogenic bone grafts” for reconstruction of bone defects, development of an extra -a articular operations – glenoplasty (for shoulder dislocation) and immune -potentiating technique for MDR – TB.
- He has nearly 200 scientific publications, and contribution of chapters to Essential Surgery (WHO), Children’s Orthopaedics, (Churchil Livingstone), APLEY’s Othopaedics (Hodder-Arnold) & Neglected Musculoskeletal Injuries (Jaypee BRO).
- He has authored books, to name few, Tuberculosis of the Skeletal System, Practical Orthopaedics and Guidelines for Ageing with Health, Grace & Dignity.