Dr. Rajeev K Sharma
Chairman, Orthopedics & Joint Replacement
MBBS | MS (Orth) Gold Medalist | DNB (Orth) | MCh (Orth)
With over 30 years of experience, Dr Rajeev K Sharma is regarded as a pioneer and opinion leader in the field of Orthopedics and Joint replacement. An academician, clinician and teacher of repute, he has several original national and international contributions.
- Senior Faculty at AIIMS, New Delhi (1991-1998)
- Senior Faculty at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Registrar, AIIMS (1988-1991)
- Senior Consultant, Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi (1998-2016)
- Hip & Knee Replacement – latest techniques
- Arthroscopy knee
- Innovative techniques for pain management
- Special techniques for articular fracture fixation
- Primary and revision Arthroplasty of knee and hip
- Unicondylar knee replacement
- Surface hip Arthroplasty (BHR)
- Ceramic on Ceramic Anatomical Head Delta motion THR
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic Procedures of Knee (Ligament Reconstruction, Meniscal Suturing, Menisectomy, etc) apart from trauma
Accomplishments & Awards
- President Elect, Indian Arthroplasty Association
- “Prabal Jan Seva Shree Pratham Shreni” Award by President, Nepal
- Vice President, Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Guest Lecture in British Hip & Knee Society 2016 at Manchester
- Founder Managing Director, Primamed Hospital, New Delhi & Gurgaon
- Common Wealth Fellowship
- Delivered 271 lectures in reputed national and International conferences.
- Organized 25 scientific conferences.
- Has done over 10000 Total Joint Replacements.
- First user of Computer Navigated Knee Arthroplasty in North India
- Conducted more than 1000 cases of Total Knee Arthroplasty using Computer Navigation.
- Has been a keen user of mobile bearing Total Knee Implants. Has done over 1100 mobile bearing knee replacements.
- Has used over 1000 high flexion knee implants (PFC-RPF, PS-150 and other designs)
- Started first Bone Bank at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in Delhi
- Member of the Indian Orthopaedic Association (IOA)
- Member of the Indian Arthroplasty Association (IAA)
- Member of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Member of the Asia Pacific Arthroplasty Society (APAS)
- Member of the World Orthopaedic Concern (WOC)
- Member of UP Orthopaedic Association (UPOA)
- Member of Delhi Orthopaedic Association (DOA)
- Member of Association of Physicians of India (API)