Dr. Ravi Kant Arora
Director – Surgical Oncology
MBBS, MS, FICS (Onco) FAIS, Fellow MD Anderson Cancer Center USA, Fellow TMH, Mumbai
Dr. RaviKant Arora is one of the finest oncology surgeons of the country with thousands of onco-surgical procedures to his credit. He has more than 25 years of dedicated experience in the field of onco-surgery and has been instrumental in establishing surgical oncology, in many institutions of repute. His experience edge in nearly all anatomic regions and his multi-disciplinary approach are hallmarks of his expertise in the field.
- Senior Resident Oncology Surgeon at Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi
- Resident Surgeon, Oncosurgery at Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore
- Consultant Oncosurgery at Mohan Dai Oswal Cancer Hospital, Ludhiana
- Consultant Oncosurgery at Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant Oncosurgery at Metro Cancer Hospital, New Delhi
- Breast Cancer Surgery, including Reconstruction, Oncoplastic Procedures, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy.
- Organ and function preservation with reconstruction in areas of Head and Neck and Oral Cavity cancers.
- Thyroid and Oesophageal Cancers.
- Gynaecologic and Genitourinary Cancers, GI Cancers, Soft Tissue Tumors.
Accomplishments & Awards
- Fellow at The MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas on a project ‘Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Early Breast Cancer’ in 2000 when it was a new concept, under the guidance of Dr. S Eva Singletary and Dr. Kelly Hunt
- International Publication Impact of Multicentricity on Clinical Outcome in Patients with T1-2, N0.-1 M0 Breast Cancer Annals of Surgical Oncology, 7(8):581-587
- Trained at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai under the guidance of some of the distinguished names in the field of Surgical Oncology and Head & Neck Oncosurgery
- Awarded Fellow of the International College of Surgeons – FICS (Onco)
- Awarded Fellow of Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS)
- Accredited in Laparoscopic surgery from World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS)
- Associated with Ethicon Institute, Delhi and Mumbai. Instructed and participated in many programs pertaining to Staplers in Surgery, VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery), Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, etc.
- Awarded and recognized for his contribution to the East Delhi Medical Association
- Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
- Indian Association of Surgical Oncology (IASO)
- Association of Head and Neck Society (AHNS)
- Foundation For Head & Neck Oncology (FHNO)
- Indian Society of Oncology (ISO)
- Association of Breast Surgeons of India (ABSI)
- Fellow International College of Surgeons (FICS)
- Fellow American College of Surgeons (FACS)