Director, Department of Surgical Oncology
MBBS, MS, FICS (Onco) FAIS, Fellow MD Anderson Cancer Center USA, Fellow TMH, Mumbai
Dr. Ravikant Arora is one of the finest Onco surgeons of the country with thousands of oncosurgical procedures to his credit. Having more than 25 years of dedicated experience in the field of oncosurgery, Dr. Arora has been associated with some of the most eminent cancer centers, some of them being Safdarjung Hospital, Delhi; Kidwai Memorial Institute of Oncology, Bangalore; Mohan Dal Oswal Cancer Hospital, Punjab; Dharamshila Cancer Hospital and Metro Cancer Hospital, Delhi. He has been instrumental in establishing surgical oncology in many institutions of repute.
With a very wide and vast experience spanning more than two decades, he has operated on many international patients as well namely from Iraq, Afghanistan, Nepal, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Fiji, Nigeria, and Sri Lanka.
His experience edge in nearly all anatomic regions and his multidisciplinary approach are hallmarks of his expertise in the field. Presently he is Director, Surgical Oncology at Nayati Medicity, Mathura.
- Fellow at The MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston Texans, on a project on Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy in Early Breast Cancer in 2000 when it was a new concept, under the guidance of Dr. Eva Singletary and Dr.Kelly Hunt
- International Publication Impact of Multicentricity on Clinical Outcome in Patients with T1-2, NO. 1 MO Breast Cancer Annals of Surgical Oncology, 7(8):581-587
- Has been trained at Tata Memorial Hospital Mumbai, under the guidance of some of the distinguished names in the field of Surgical Oncology and Head & Neck Oncosurgery
- Awarded Fellow International College of Surgeons (Onco) PICS
- Awarded Fellow Or Association of Surgeons of India (FAIS)
- Accredited in Laparoscopic surgery from World Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (WALS
- Has been associated with Ethicon Institute, Delhi and Mumbai instructed and participated in many programmes pertaining to Staplers in Surgery. VATS [Video Assisted Thoracic Surgeryi. Laparoscopic Colorectal Surgery, etc
- Has presented many papers and CMEs as a part of medical education programmes for professional and surgeons and awareness programmes for general public
- Awarded in recognition for his contribution from East Delhi Medical Association number of times
Areas Of Expertise
- Breast Cancer Surgery, including Reconstruction Oncoplastic Procedures, Sentinel Lymph Node Biopsy
- Organ and function preservation with reconstruction in areas of Head, Neck and Oral Cavity Cancer
- Thyroid and Oesophageal Cancers
- Gynaecologic and Genitourinary Cancers, Gl Cancers, Soft Tissue Tumors
- Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member of Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Life Member of Association of Head and Neck Oncology FHNO
- Life Member of Indian society of Oncology