MD (Medicine) | DNB (Cardiology) | FACC | FSCAI
Dr. (Col.) Salil Garg has an experience of over 30 years in the field of interventional Cardiology. With over 10000 successful cardiac catheterization procedures to his credit, Dr Garg has been instrumental in setting up Cardiology departments at key institutions. As an eminent academician and teacher, he has several original contributions in his field.
- MBBS & MD (Medicine), Armed Forces Medical University, Pune
- DNB (Cardiology), Army Hospital R&R – New Delhi
- Senior Advisor & Professor of Cardiology, Army Hospital (R&R), New Delhi
- Senior Advisor & Professor of Medicine & Cardiolog, Base Hospital, New Delhi Cant.
- Senior Advisor & Professor of Medicine & Cardiology, Command Hospital (CC) Lucknow (KGMV)
- Classified Special (Medicine & Cardiology) at Command Hospital (SC), Pune
- Associate Professor (Cardiology), AFMC (Armed Forces Medical College),Pune, India
- Lecturer for Medical Ethics at Oxford University, UK
Areas of Expertise
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Heart Failure and heart transplant
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (AICD)
- Valve replacement surgery
- Aneurysm repair surgery
- Cardiac Resynchronisation Therapy/CRT surgery
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation surgery
- Atrial Septal Defect (ASD) and Ventrical Septal Defect (VSD) repair
- Bifurcations and Peripheral angioplasties including Carotids
Awards & Achievements
- Published more than 30 scientific papers on Medicine and Cardiology in renowned national and international journals, and authored chapters in relevant medical textbooks.
- Been a part of the team that implanted the first Micra (Intracardiac Pacemakers & TAVR at AHRR)
- Member of professional Societies including API (Association of the Physicians of India), Cardiology Society of India-Life member (L-3443), Fellow American College of Cardiology(FACC), Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI)
- Inotropes and Vasopressors Review of Physiology and Clinical Use. J Pulmon Resp Med 2
- Use of Fetal Echocardiography for Characterization of Fetal Cardiac Structure in Women With Normal Pregnancies and Gestational Diabetes Mellitus
- WPW and pre-excitation syndromes. J Association Physicians India.
- Endemic Hemoptysis- Medical Journal Armed Forces India
- Disappearing high velocity severe tricuspid regurgitation following Ventricular septal defect device closure IHJ
- Atrial and ventricular septal defects device closure in a child in one session, Indian Heart J.