Dr. (Prof) Santanu Chaudhuri
Chairman, Centre of Excellence for Oncology (Cancer)
MBBS, DMRT, DNB, MD (Tata Memorial Hospital), PGDHA, M.Phil & CPC (Stanford University)
Trained in Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, he is a widely acclaimed radiation oncologist who has worked in India and abroad. As an eminent academician and teacher, he has several original contributions in his field.
- Close to 30 years of national & international experience
- Former Director and HOD Radiation Oncology, Regional Cancer Hospital, Nagpur.
- Consultant, Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
- Part of Visiting Professor Programme – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
- Part of Visiting Professor Programme – Austin Hospital, Radiation Oncology Centre, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
- Visiting fellowships at Christie Hospital Manchester, U.K., University Hospital Frankfurt, Germany, Willium Beaumont Hospital, Michigan, USA and many international sites.
- Nearly 150 national and international publications.
- Steering Committee Member – Indian Comprehensive Cancer Network (ICCN) for national cancer protocol formulation.
- Invited member of the committee working on development of indigenous Teletherapy machines in India by Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India.
- Elected Vice President, December – 2004, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India.
- Recipient of ‘VIKAS RATNA SHIROMANI AWARD’ , Indian Achievers Award For Health Excellence, AtishDipankar Gold Medal, Mother Teressa Gold Medal, Mahatma Gandhi Peace Award.
- UICC scholar in World Cancer Congress 2006, in Washington DC, USA.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) Steering committee member for the Task Force on review of guidelines for management of cancers.
- Certificate of appreciation from UICC Geneva in 2007 for contribution in field of Global Cancer Control Committee.
- Life Member of Association of Radiation Oncologist of India.
- Life Member of ICON – Indian Comprehensive Oncology Network.
- Life Member of Indo – American Cancer Association.
- Member of American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Member of American Society of Radiation Oncology.
- Member of Society of Neuro – Oncology (USA).
- Member of Global Cancer Control Committee UICC Geneva.
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology.