Dr. Shamsher Dwivedee
Chairman Neurosciences And Director Clinical Services
MBBS, MD, DM (NEUROLOGY)
Dr Shamsher Dwivedee is one of India’s most renowned neurologists with a rich experience of over 3 decades in clinical neurology. He did his MBBS from Magadh University followed by DM (Neurology) from King George’s Medical College, Lucknow. He has made several original contributions in his field. He incorporated the department of Neurology at Vimhans Hospital, Max Hospital, Saket and FMRI, New Delhi.
- Chairman, Institute of Neurosciences at PSRI Hospital, New Delhi.
- Department Head - Incorporated the Dept. of Neurology, Max Super Speciality Hospital Saket.
- Department Head- Incorporated the Dept. of Neurology, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
- Incorporated the Neurology department at Vimhans Hospital, New Delhi.
- Instituted DNB (Neurology) program at Vimhans and PSRI.
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Dementia Treatment
- Epilepsy Treatment
- Parkinson’s Disease Treatment
- Sleep Disorder
- Neuromuscular Disorders
Accomplishments & Awards
- Part of the team which performed the first DBS program of South East Asia.
- Performed the first thrombolysis in stroke in India at Vimhans in 1998 and established the stroke programme. He was the first Neurologist in India who used Botox for post stroke spasticity in the year 2000. He established Botox and Behavioral Neurology Clinics at Vimhans.
- In 2013 he established the Multiple Sclerosis Clinic at Vimhans.
- He had established College of Clinical research at Vimhans. He initiated Diplomat National Board (DNB) programme in Neurology at Vimhans & PSRI.
- Has to his credit largest number of clinical trials in India for various neurological disorders.
- Established Department of Neurology and Stroke programme at Max Super Speciality Hospital, Saket and Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
- He is a member of Bihar Health Society which the Govt. of Bihar, created to recommend the improvements needed in health care system in Bihar.
- More than 50 publications presented in reputed national/international journals
- Principal Investigator of more than 30 International Clinical Trials in Neurology
- Times of India Healthcare Achievers Award – Best Neurologist 2018
- Indian Academy of Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- International Stroke Association
- World Stroke Organization