Chairman, MAS, Bariatric and GI Surgery
MBBS |MS (Surgery) | FIAGES| FALS (Bariatric) | MBA (FMS)
With over 30 years of surgical experience Dr Yogesh Agarwala is regarded as a pioneer in the field of Minimal Access Surgery. He is one of the first surgeons to start “Bariatric Metabolic Surgery” in the country.
With expertise in laparoscopic surgeries Dr Agarwala has successfully performed over 1500 weight loss surgeries, over 20,000 cases of all major GI surgeries and has done the highest number of anti-reflux surgeries in India.
An academician of repute Dr Agarwala has been associated with a number of structured teaching programs across the country and has to his credit development of active and structured Bariatric programs.
• MBBS |MS (Surgery)
• Post-graduate from J N Medical College, Aligarh
• MBA in Healthcare Management, (FMS), Delhi University
• Fellowship in “Minimal Access Surgery” from KEIO University, Japan and Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore
• Fellowship in ‘Upper GI Surgery’ under Dr. Barry Salky and Michel Gagner at Mount Sinai Medical Centre, New York, USA
• Diploma in Quality and Healthcare management
• Has held key positions of Head of Department/ Director at renowned institutions like Fortis Hospital, Noida, FMRI, Gurugram, Max Smart Hospital and Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
• Operating Faculty at SAARC nations meetings
• Successfully demonstrated live surgeries in various conferences at prestigious institutions like AIIMS, Maulana Azad Medical Collage, Safdarjung Hospital, J.N Medical College Aligarh and SMS Hospital of Medical College Jaipur, to name a few
Areas of Expertise
• Minimal Access Surgery
• Hepato Pancreato Biliary Surgery
• Upper GI Surgery
• Solid Organ Surgery
• Hernia including AWR
• Colo Rectal Surgery
• Emergency Surgery and High speed Trauma.
• Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery
Awards & recognitions
• Best Senior Resident, Batra Hospital & Research centre, Delhi, 1989
• Best Paper Award, ASI Annual Conference, 1999
• Best Video Presentation, ASI Annual Conference, 2014
• Delhi State Award for ‘Eminent Medical Personality’, 2015
• Medical Excellence Award DMA, 2012 of 2017
• Chikitsa Bhushan Award IMA-EDB, 2017
• Association of Surgeons of India (ASI)
• Indian Association of Gastro Intestinal Endoscopic Surgeons (AGES)
• Academy of Hospital Administration.
• Administrative Staff college of India, Hyderabad, Government of India