- Echo Screening
- X-Ray Chest PA View
- There are several advantages of regular health check-ups and one can always start with the basic one where essential tests are done. One of the most important benefits is the detection of abnormalities in the body before symptoms appear.
- Preventive health checks are important especially for individuals with risk factors for different health conditions.
- The basic health check-up also promotes better patient-doctor relationships and allows the doctor to promote healthy habits through patient education.
• Please bring all your medical records and reports, if you have / had any ailments.
• Please come fasting 12 hours overnight for the check up.
• Please avoid alcohol and any food item with excess fat on the day prior to your check up.
• Please do not consume tea/coffee/biscuits on the morning of your programme.
• You may, drink water if you need to.
• If you are on any medication, kindly consume them as prescribed. If you are a diabetic, please refer to the special note
• Please do not smoke on the day of your programme until you have completed all the investigations.
• Please do not wear any jewellery on the day of your programme.
• Please bring your spectacles/prescription with you. If you use contact lenses, please do not wear them on the day of your programme.
• Please do not apply cream, oil or powder on your chest when you come for your programme.
• On arrival, you will be given a tracksuit for the entire duration of your programme. 11. Please wear / carry your comfortable sports shoes / sneakers.
• Please be prepared to spend 4-5 hours on the day of the check up. If you wish you can get some reading material.
• You will be served snacks at the end of the programme.
• There will be a review meeting 3-4 days later with the Medicine Consultant, where all the reports will be handed over to you.
Special note for Diabetics
- Please stop Beta Blockers (e.g. Atenolol, Metoprolol), and Calcium Channel blockers (e.g. Diltiazem) one day before the Preventive Health Check and restart after the checkup (Discuss with your Cardiologist/ Physician, if required).
- Please inform our Patient Care coordinator at the time of registration.
- Please do not consume your morning dose of insulin or morning tablets on the day of your programme. Please carry them along with you. And take them at the time of breakfast. Eye drops may be put in your eyes for a detailed examination. As a result you may not be able to see things clearly for some time.
Special note for Ladies:
- f you are pregnant or suspecting pregnancy or have any doubts, kindly inform the patient care co-ordinator.
- Please bring your previous Mammogram with you and make them available to the technician at the time of the current exam. This will help the radiologist to compare the status with the current one
Special note for Males:
- Please shave the hair on your chest, for better recording of TMT & ECG.