Women and Child Health Programme
Nayati Charitable Trust is a charitable initiative that provides quality public health services and disaster relief to communities who lack basic healthcare infrastructure.
1. Reducing Maternal Mortality Rate
Uttar Pradesh has the highest Maternal Mortality Rate in the country (285/ 100,000) live births against the India average of 167. Nayati Charitable Trust has reached out to 10 CHCs out of 14 and covered close to 4000 beneficiaries.
Nayati also works closely with the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan through CHCs by providing gynecology specialist services on the 9th of every month. It is aimed at identifying high risk mothers and to provide the necessary consultation to the individuals. Panchayat level camps/ talk are also held with PRI Institutions.
2. On preventive aspects we have observed many international health days including “World Breast feeding week”, “World Nutrition day”, “World Health day” for creating awareness among beneficiaries.
- Interactive session for ASHA workers, ANMs, CDPO, health supervisor and administrative officials.
- Providing them with audio/ video training material in various training centre of ICDS. Helped free deliveries (complicated one through laparoscopic surgeries)
3. Adolescent Girls Education Program
The Nayati team consisting of gynaecologists, nutritionists and psychiatrists are also connected with Girls’ Schools and Women’s Colleges for regular:
- Educational talks on breast feeding
- Interactive session with girls on sexual harassment
- Educating them about the importance of nutrition