- Discharge Planning is an interdisciplinary, collaborative process across the continuum of care.
It is a clinical priority for all health care team members.
It involves the patient and/or significant other.
- Patients are regularly assessed for discharge needs.
- The Team of Healthcare providers coordinates for the discharge.
- Certain formalities need to be completed before the discharge. The payment needs to be cleared by the patient/attendants.
- Discharge planning begins early during the stay of the patient and would approximately take 3-4 hours after the consultant has ordered discharge.
- Clinical criteria for discharge are documented and note of patients functional, medical status is made.
- The Treating Physician records that the patient is ‘fit for discharge’.
- Each Patient is provided with a discharge summary on the day of discharge.
- A feedback form regarding the services provided at Nayati Hospital before discharge , patient/attendant is requested to fill the form before leaving the hospital .