CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE FOR CRITICAL CARE & PULMONOLOGYThis Centre of Excellence comprises a team of Intensive Care specialists or intensivists, who work with trained nurses and paramedical staff to provide safe, high-quality care in operating rooms, ICUs and other hospital settings. At Nayati, we recognize that in critical illness, accurate and timely decisions save lives. As this requires a multi-disciplinary approach, our critical care doctors work in close coordination with other specialists across the hospital. The Centre is backed by state-of-the-art technology to remotely treat critically-ill patients through the Electronic ICU.
Specialised Intensive Care Units
Our hospitals have several specialised ICUs to help patients undergoing various treatments. All units are equipped with advanced automated beds, haemodynamic monitoring, bedside digital X-rays, ultrasound and echocardiogram, blood gas analysers, new generation invasive and non-invasive ventilators, cardiac output (Flotrac and PICCO) and pulmonary artery pressure monitoring.
Critical Care is offered through
- Medical ICUs
- Surgical ICUs
- Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery ICUs
- Critical Cardiac ICUs
- Paediatric ICUs
- Kidney Transplant Units
- High Dependency Units (HDU)
- Isolation/Burn Wards
- Post-Intensive Care Clinics
- Advanced Invasive Mechanical Ventilator Support and invasive Hemodynamic Monitoring
- Bedside Emergency Bronchoscopy, Diagnostic and Therapeutic
- Life threatening Hemoptysis, Bronchial Artery Embolization (Cath Lab)
- Bedside Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Prone Position Ventilation
- USG Guided Paracentesis and Pericardiocentesis and Plueroscopy (Diagnostic and Therapeutic)
- Thrombolysis (intravenous and Catheter-directed) In Massive Pulmonary Embolism and Stroke.
- Bedside Dialysis IHD,SLED, CRRT
Also commonly called Chest Medicine, Pulmonology deals with disorders of the respiratory system, many requiring emergency and critical care. Pulmonologists are part of an integrated team of highly-specialised experts, working together to care for people across age groups, diagnosed with complications in the airways, lungs or respiratory muscles. The Pulmonology unit has advanced diagnostic capabilities for most difficult situations including Interventional Bronchoscopy, EBUS, Medical Thoracoscopy. The Thoracic surgical division works closely with the team and offers complete range of services including VATS(video assisted thoracic surgery), and Lung resection surgeries(Decortication, lobectomy, segementectomy, and Pnuemonectomies).
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Non-invasive Ventilator Support (CPAP and BiPAP)
- Bedside Diagnostic and Therapeutic Video and Fibre Optic Bronchoscopy
- Bronchoscopy Guided Endotracheal Intubation
- USG and Bronchoscopy Guided Percutaneous Intubation
- USG Guided Pleural Procedures
- USG and Bronchoscopy Guided Percutaneous Tracheostomy
- Bedside Lung Ultrasound
- USG Guided Pleural Aspiration
- Intercostal Drainage
Rapid Response System (RRS)
The Intensive Care team also offers the RRS, which functions as the first line of care for any emergency in the hospital – outside the emergency room and ICU. The RRS ensures patients developing serious complications unexpectedly are quickly evacuated and transferred to ICUs.KNOW MORE
- Lumbar Puncture
- ICP Monitoring
- Bedside Haemodialysis
- Plasma Exchange
- USG Guided Central Venous and Arterial Line Insertion
- Advanced Haemodynamic Monitoring
- Bedside Non-Invasive Haemodynamic Monitoring
- Pulmonary Artery Wedge Pressure and Right Heart Study
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- IABP Insertion
- Bedside Medical Diagnostic and Therapeutic Thoracoscopy
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
Health Conditions We Treat
Acute Renal Failure
Hepatic Failure and Hepatic Coma
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) and Acute Severe Asthma
Swine Flu, Pneumonia, and ARDS
Life threatening Hemoptysis
Interstitial Lung Disease
Traumatic Brain Injury
Ruptured Brain Aneurysm
Accidents and Trauma
Our Department's Strengths
Nursing Staff Trained in Critical CareThe ICUs across all hospitals have a 1:1 nurse-to-patient ratio...
The ICUs across all hospitals have a 1:1 nurse-to-patient ratio with staff specially trained in critical care nursing.
Post-Intensive Care ClinicThis unit provides medical follow-ups and counselling to patients...
This unit provides medical follow-ups and counselling to patients and families after discharge from the ICU, using standardised processes and questionnaires.
Support to all ICUsMedical intensive care provides support to all ICUs for assessment...
Medical intensive care provides support to all ICUs for assessment of medical complications, initiation and maintenance of ventilatory support and other interventions.
Critical Respiratory CareThe unit offers advanced Respiratory critical care, Pulmonary...
The unit offers advanced Respiratory critical care, Pulmonary physiotherapy, Pulmonary Rehabilitation, and OPD consultation services for the very advanced and critical lung conditions and offers second opinions(diagnostic and Therapeutic) in severe and complicated Lung Diseases.
Education and ResearchThe unit has published several papers and research articles in...
The unit has published several papers and research articles in international journals and contributed to clinical research.