DEPARTMENT OF PHYSIOTHERAPY & REHABILITATIONThe Department of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation looks at the overall well-being of a patient by addressing their underlying physical issues, particularly those related to movement and mobility. The department helps people maintain, restore and maximise their physical strength, function and motion. The process involves maximizing the functional potential of an individual with disease, dysfunction or injury & also facilitates health promotion, lifestyle modification & fitness training. The physiotherapy services are provided in the intensive care unit, In Patient Department (IPD) and Out Patient Department (OPD). Patient & family education being an integral component of the management process, a discharge counselling session is given to all our In patients. These services are divided into a number of areas of specialisation, each supervised by teams of physiotherapists.
Health Conditions We Treat
Neurological & Neurosurgical Disorders
Injuries to the Spinal Cord
Co-ordination & Balance Disorder
Acquired Brain Injury
Orthopaedic Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
Working together with orthopaedic surgeons and sports medicine specialists, physiotherapists help patients with back aches, limb fractures, spinal fractures and other soft tissue and musculoskeletal issues that affect movement. The department also provides consultation to patients, both before and after they undergo procedures such as knee replacement, hip replacement, back and spine surgery.
Neuro Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
Collaborative efforts are made between neurologists, neurosurgeons and physiotherapists to help patients regain their mobility after suffering a stroke, spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury or other debilitating conditions.
Cardiovascular Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
One of the main goals of physical therapy in cardiac rehabilitation is to gradually and safely increase a patient’s activity level post a heart attack or surgery. This team helps cardiac patients improve their mobility and thereby their health and quality of life.
Lungs often require to be rehabilitated especially when patients experience breathlessness due to certain health conditions or surgery. Pulmonary rehabilitation involves a combination of exercise, breathing techniques, diet and education to improve lung capacity in patients with chronic respiratory disease.
Sports Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
State-of-the-art facilities at Nayati, help athletes to build strength, increase endurance and improve flexibility. This becomes especially important when they suffer from injuries and pain.
Paediatric Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation
The physiotherapy department has super-specialists who treat children and teenagers with physical problems that affect their mobility and their ability to participate in daily activities.
This division deals with general well-being of women & who have undergone gynaecological surgeries and helps them with abdominal exercises, circulation, breathing and how to look after the surgical wound.
Senior citizens have unique health conditions and needs. The geriatric rehabilitation division understands this and works towards maximum possible restoration of physical and mental functions for them.
At Oncology Rehab, our physiotherapists work closely with oncologists to help patients during their cancer treatment, irrespective of the stage of the disease they have been diagnosed with.
Post Dialysis Rehabilitation
Rehabilitation post dialysis aims to promote fitness and alleviate symptoms in those diagnosed with renal disorders. Exercise therapy where rehabilitation is done through exercising is also part of the programme.
Technology & Infrastructure
- LASER UNIT – Intelect Mobile LASER Therapy System.
- Advance Combination Therapy Unit.
- SEMG & SEMG + ESM.
- Advance Therapeutic Ultrasonic Unit with dual frequency output & 5cm square applicator.
- Flexi Knee CPM with individualized patient data card.
- Computerized Multiprogram Cervical & Lumbar Traction Unit.
- PHYSIOMED-MVT IFT – First Multivector Scan IFT in India.
- 4 Section Hydraulic Manipulation Couch.
- Physio Floor Shortwave Diathermy 500 Watts with disc electrodes, Adult, Paediatric & Sinus pads.
- Microwave Diathermy Unit.
- Hydrocollator Unit.
- Multichannel Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation Unit.
- Quadriceps & Hamstring Strengthening Unit.
- 3 in 1 Shoulder/wrist/ hand exerciser with digital display, height adjustment & resistance control knob.
- Parallel Bar Walking Platform for Gait Training & improving balance & coordination.
- Eleven Activity Work Station.
- Hand Rehabilitation Unit.
- Upper Extremity Rehab Exerciser Station.
- Wall Ladder for multipurpose rehabilitation.
- Anti-burst Swiss Balls 65cms & 75cms.
- Bounce Back Medicine Balls (1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 kgs).
- Walking Aids.
- TheraBand’s & Tubing’s with different resistance.
- Cuffs & Dumbbells of different weights.
Our Department's Strengths
Inpatient and OPD SupportBesides running daily OPDs, our experienced and qualified team of...
Besides running daily OPDs, our experienced and qualified team of physiotherapists work in wards & ICUs helping critically ill patients improve their chest function while on a ventilator, assist the patient to come off the ventilator & early mobilization in ICU thereby reducing the overall ICU stay.
Injury, Illness or DisabilityOur range of services and technology helps all kinds of patients...
Our range of services and technology helps all kinds of patients to provide holistic approach through movement and exercise therapy, education and advice.
Doctors for Physiotherapy And Rehabilitation
1. How do I access outpatient physiotherapy services?
Patient can come directly to the Physiotherapy Department for the consultation & the treatment after registration from the front desk.
2. Will I need to do some diagnostic tests before starting physiotherapy?
Diagnostic tests are not always necessary. If any diagnostic tests are needed, it will be decided after the initial consultation with the Physiotherapist or the referring consultant.
3. Can I visit the Department and get treated if I have consulted a doctor outside Nayati and have that prescription?
Yes, a patient can avail of Physiotherapy services referred from doctors outside Nayati, as well walk in directly. Patient must carry all relevant medical records / investigation procedures reports like X-rays films, CT-Scan, MRI reports, blood Investigations so the doctor can have a better understanding of the patient's condition.
4. What kinds of clothes are appropriate for my physiotherapy appointment?
It is advisable to wear comfortable & loose fitting clothes. Tight Clothes should not be worn.
5. How long do physiotherapy sessions last?
Sessions of Physiotherapy depend on the patient's condition and the treatment protocol decided. An average Physiotherapy session lasts about 30 minutes – 45 minutes.
6. Will different therapists treat me? Can I request for the same therapist every time I visit?
We have a well-qualified team which looks after all the patients. All the patients are treated under proper supervision.