Department of Thoracic SurgeryThe Nayati Department of Thoracic surgery provides services for the surgical management of all thoracic diseases pertaining to lungs, trachea and bronchi, pleura, esophagus, chest wall, mediastinum (the central compartment of the chest) and diaphragm. These also include treatment of non-cardiac benign and malignant (Thoracic Oncosurgery) diseases of the chest.
The state of the art facilities offer all major thoracic surgical procedures including congenital abnormalities of the chest, removal of tumors, management of disorders or repair trauma of the lungs, tuberculosis and other infective conditions of the esophagus and diaphragm. The department also specializes in Video Assisted Thoracoscopic Surgery (VATS) and are also capable of performing major intra-thoracic surguries through minimally invasive procedures.
The dedicated and highly experienced team of surgeons, specialise in the surgical management of all thoracic diseases including
- Lung cancer
- Empyema thoracis
- Infections like hydatid cyst of lung, aspergilloma of lung
- Mediastinal tumors and diseases (including the surgical treatment of myasthenia gravis)
- Pleural diseases (including pneumothorax, infections and pleural effusions)
- Benign diseases and tumors of the lung
- Lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign esophageal diseases (including achalasia, benign tumors and strictures)
- Chest wall tumors
- Sympathectomy for hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Plication for diaphragm paralysis
- Tracheal resection or stent insertion for airway narrowing or tracheal tumors