Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics
The Department of Gynaecology & Obstetrics at Vimhans Nayati is South Delhi’s best centre that provides multidisciplinary care for women’s gynaecological & reproductive health conditions. Our full range of medical care for women of all ages is provided by well qualified physicians specializing in gynaecology & obstetrics.
Critical care in obstetrics is an area of special focus which is backed by 24x7 consultant-led different departments including obstetrics & gynaecology, anaesthesia, neonatologist, paediatrics, critical care and radiology.
All laparoscopy/ open/ vaginal gynaecological and oncological surgeries are performed routinely by surgeons at Vimhans Nayati. The department offers world class facilities like labour suites equipped with state-of-art monitoring including continuous CTG, ultrasound and doppler and multi-parameter patient monitoring systems and neonatal Intensive Care Units.
Health Conditions We Treat
High Risk Pregnancies
Infertility clinic, Counselling, Semen testing, Andrology clinic, Follicular monitoring, Ovulation induction & IUI, Cancer screening- Cervical, Endometrial, Ovarian, Breast cancers, Contraception and Management of Birth Control, Adolescent Gynaecology, Urogynaecology, Prenatal counseling and Menopausal clinic
- PAP test and HPV DNA Testing
- Colposcopy and LLETZ
- Endometrial, Cervical biopsy
- Cervical Polypectomy
- Copper T and Mirena insertion
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy
- Diagnostic and Operative Hysteroscopy with chromopertubation
- Medical termination of pregnancy
- Family planning surgery (Tubectomy)
- All other open/endoscopic/ vaginal gynaecological surgeries
Antenatal and Postnatal care
- Daily Antenatal clinic
- Antenatal classes comprising of couple education, Dietary advice, Yoga and Physiotherapy
- Antenatal and Postnatal support groups
- Continuous Foetal Monitoring (CTG)
- Labour Analgesia and painless normal delivery
- Exchange transfusion
- Invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Lumbar puncture
- Umbilical arterial and venous line
- Arterial line and arterial blood gas analysis
- Diagnosis, surgery, and rehabilitation for the most simple to complex medical emergencies.
Our Department's Strengths
Full Range of ServicesThe Institute offers highly advanced diagnostic and therapeutic...
The Institute offers highly advanced diagnostic and therapeutic techniques with accurate precision for various obstetrical, gynaecological conditions, neonatal and paediatric care. Vimhans Nayati Hospital offer all services to empower women with the wellness they deserve in every phase of their lives.
Excellence in Highly Skilled ProceduresOur doctors have specialised in some highly skilled and complex...
Our doctors have specialised in some highly skilled and complex procedures like Cervical Biopsy, Colporrhaphy, Colposcopy, Dilation and Curettage (D&C), Endometrial Ablation, Endometrial or Uterine Biopsy.
Advanced NICUThe NICU provides level III care with pulse oximeters, cardiac...
The NICU provides level III care with pulse oximeters, cardiac monitors for each bed, double surface Phototherapy units, Central arterial and venous lines, umbilical lines, infusion pumps, incubators and radiant warmers for the NICU
Labour SuitesAll labour suites are equipped with state of the art monitoring...
All labour suites are equipped with state of the art monitoring including CTG, labour-analgesia and NICU services providing obstetrical care for women 24x7.
1. Will the birth control pill increase my weight?
2. Is taking the I-pill as regular contraception ok?
No, I-pill is an emergency contraceptive, there are many other good regular contraceptives available
3. Do I need to see a doctor before taking MTP pill?
Yes, it’s essential to rule out ectopic pregnancy and confirm the period of gestation before taking MTP pill
4. Is Copper T safe?
Yes, it’s completely safe and very good method of contraception
5. Do I need to come to hospital frequently during my pregnancy for checkup?
Yes, regular antenatal checkups are essential in ensuring safe motherhood by early diagnosing and treating pregnancy related complications
6. Is repeated ultrasound safe for my baby?
Ultrasound is not radiation and completely safe in pregnancy
7. Should I be worried if I have a family member with cancer?
Yes, some cancers are familial and you should consult your doctor
8. Should I be tested for HPV?
If you are sexually active, you are at risk of exposure to human papillomavirus (HPV, or genital warts). Please discuss HPV testing with your doctor during your visit. When your Pap smear is performed the cells can be tested for HPV.
9. Should I get the HPV vaccine?
The HPV vaccine is recommended for adolescent girls who are not sexually active. Females who are sexually active may also benefit from the vaccine. The HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women